Please ensure that your plants are suitable for the conditions in the position in which they are to be planted, paying particular attention to drainage and soil type – if you are unsure a member of our sales team will be happy to advise you.
Please note that evergreens (and some deciduous plants) will not tolerate being waterlogged for long.
- Please ensure that appropriate arrangements are made for unloading your purchases; many of our plants are very heavy, especially our rootballed stock, and may require mechanical handling. Inappropriate handling may result in damage – damage to the roots or stem could lead to the failure of your plants. If you are unsure of how to handle your plants a member of our team will be happy to advise you.
- All stock must be well watered within 24hrs of delivery, regardless of whether or not they have been planted. DO NOT ASSUME THAT RAIN IS SUFFICIENT!
- Many plants will have been tied up for delivery, or may have netting over the foliage; remove this as soon as possible to prevent deterioration of the foliage and to allow photosynthesis.
- Bare-rooted stock should ideally be planted within 48hrs of delivery. If this is not possible it can be stored, with its roots bagged to avoid drying out, for a few days somewhere cool but protected from severe frosts and away from direct sunlight and drying winds. For longer term storage, or if close to the end of the dormant season, bare-rooted stock should be heeled-in so that the roots are fully covered into a temporary planting bed or into pots/containers of soil or compost.
- If planting is not going to take place on the day of delivery, please ensure that your plants are stored somewhere secure and in a way that will not result in them falling/blowing over, being chewed by rabbits or other grazing animals, or otherwise damaged.