How do we collect information from you?
We collect information when someone visits our website, wykehammatureplants.co.uk.
- Google - We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
- Contact form - We also collect data when you fill in an enquiry form on our website. This information is sent to our sales team so that they can respond to your enquiry. No information is stored on our website. We will store your information for as long as is necessary to complete your request. You can contact us at any point to be removed from our database.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect may include your name, telephone number, email address and any information you choose to share with us that is relevant to your enquiry, or we that require in order to fulfil your order.
- People who place an order - If you place an order on our website we will store your personal information including title, forename, surname, billing address, shipping address, phone number, email address and payment type so that we can fulfil your order, take payment arrange delivery and notify you of any delays which may occur.
- People who enquire via email or online contact form - If you make an enquiry via email or through our online contact form we will store your name, email address and telephone number so that we can contact you with relevant information. You can contact us at any point to be removed from our database.
- People who enquire in person or via telephone If you make an enquiry in person or via telephone we will take your name, email address, telephone number and postcode so that we can contact you regarding the quote and information requested. We will store your information for as long as is necessary to complete your request. You can contact us at any point to be removed from our database.
- People who contact us via social media - As well as our team, we use a third-party provider to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private message via social media the message will be stored for as long as is necessary to complete your request. You can contact us at any point to be removed from our database.
How do we use your information?
Personal information which you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To respond to your enquiry and supply an accurate estimate for the services or products requested
- To provide you with useful information about Wykeham Mature Plants which may be of interest to you, if you have requested this service
- To provide you with marketing communications, if you have requested this service
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to be able to provide you with the service or information you have requested. Personal information is held for one year to underwrite the guarantee, unless Wykeham Mature Plants has undertaken the planting which is guaranteed for three years in which case information is held for three years.
How do we store your information?
We are committed to protecting your privacy, we follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, and to prevent unauthorised access. The servers that store your information are kept up to date and secured with appropriate firewalls/virus protection and have restricted access.
HTTPS - Wherever sensitive data is entered into our website (Accounts, catalogue request, checkout, payment etc.) data is transmitted via a secure and encrypted 256-bit SSL certificate. To check this click on the padlock symbol within your browser when on a secure page.
PayPal - PayPal is committed to privacy and when you send money to us we do not receive any credit card or bank details.
Credit Card Details - We do not store or keep any part of your credit card details either on our website or back office system.
Links to other websites
From time to time our website may include links to other websites which we think may be of interest to our customers. This privacy notice does not cover these websites and you must look at the privacy statement applicable to the website you visit.
How to access or update your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
The Bothy, The Walled Garden, Wykeham, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO13 9QS
How to contact us
Or write to us at: The Bothy, The Walled Garden, Wykeham, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO13 9QS